Several weeks ago I made this cake to take to our church cafe. It was a huge hit and I have been asked for the recipe several times. This cake takes time and patience, but believe me it is well worth it.
- 1 Cup of unsalted REAL Butter (2 sticks), softened to room temperature.
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Splenda (I use Aldi Market’s brand)
- 3 Large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbsp of REAL vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of Lemon Juice (concentrate)
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flower (sifted)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 pound of fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray your bundt pan with nonstick baking spray (the kind with the flour in it).
- Make sure you get into all the nooks and crannies of the pan.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar and splenda.
- Then add your beaten eggs, vanilla extract and lemon juice into the sugar/butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Fold the flour combination with a fork until well combined.
- Alternating a half cup at a time add in the flour mixture and the Almond Milk. Add in flour, then Almond Milk, over and over until it is all incorporated. DO NOT mix it in all at once or over mix it. Stir just until its all come together.
- Make sure you scrape down the sides as you mix in your flour, and Almond Milk.
- Very, very gently “Fold” in half of your blueberries. Be very careful when doing this so you do not burst open all the berries.
- Now gently add the batter into your prepared bundt pan.
- Then add the rest of your blueberries on the “top”.
- Bake for about 65-75 minutes. Oven times often vary for baked goods, test for doneness by using a toothpick. It should come out clean when you insert it into the cake (if you don’t hit a blueberry).
- Cake should be golden brown and should NOT be “Jiggly”.
- Don’t turn your off your oven until after you take out your cake.
- AND DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT RELEASING THE CAKE FROM THE PAN YET.
- The cake must COMPLETELY cool. This could take an hour and a half or more.
- Once the cake has been allowed to cool COMPLETELY, you can release the cake form the bundt pan. This is absolutely KEY to getting the cake to come out clean. The pan needs to be TOTALLY COOLED, then it should come out easily.
- To take the cake out, place a large plate under the opening of the pan, and “Flip” over. Your cake should slide out onto the plate.
- Sprinkle the top with powder sugar.
Until Next Time,
Mrs. Kay L. Rice