A favorite in the Rice household is our version of Jalapeño Chicken. It’s fantastic reheated for leftovers too!
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken breast, split & cubed
- 1 cup of white Mexican Hominy
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 hand roasted jalapeño peppers
- 1 fresh “red” jalapeño pepper
- 1 red tomato diced
- 1 cup Green tomato sauce or tomitilloes sauce
- Sauté the Hominy, mushrooms, onion, red tomato until not quite soft.
- Remove from pan.
- Sauté chicken breast cubes until cooked.
- Add the first sauté veggies back into the pan with the chicken.
- Add in your green sauce.
- Add in the roasted jalapeño peppers.
- Stir until even.
- Add in your fresh red jalapeño pepper.
- Lower heat and let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Let me know how you like it!
Mrs. Kay L Rice