I do my best to prepare my breakfast & lunch the night before so I’m not making unhealthy choices during my work day. Or even worse, skip meals all together. I’m especially horrible about skipping breakfast.
My awesome husband, Bob, has been a huge help on the skipping breakfast problem. He was able to get me liking Breakfast Smoothies or Protein Shakes, whichever you prefer to call them.
With it being summer the fruit is plentiful right now, especially peaches. So here is a quick smoothie/protein shake prep recipe.
In a sealable sandwich bag add the following:
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup instant oatmeal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 fresh Peach pealed & sliced (I add a sprinkle of Fresh Fruit powder to prevent the Peach from browning)
- Seal your bag.
- Put in the refrigerator
- The next morning put 8 ounces of almond milk in your blender
- Add the contents of your bag.
- Blend until smooth
- Add some ice if you like & continue to blend.
- Pour in a drink container and enjoy.
Until next time
Mrs. Kay L. Rice