One of my favorite breakfast is a poached egg English Muffin breakfast.
Did you know you can imitate your favorite fast food breakfast sandwich? The secret is to poach your egg.
You do not need a fancy egg poacher. All you need is a small non-tephlon skillet a small lid or plate and a canning jar ring. Yes a canning jar lid.
- Spray your skillet and canning jar ring with nonstick spray.
- Place the ring in the center of your skillet.
- Place the egg in the middle of the ring.
- Add a little water slowly into the skillet put a lid over the skillet.
- Set the eye to medium.
- Let cook until the yoke is the way you like. I like mine soft.
- While cooking toast your English muffin & prepare your toppings.
- Take the ring & egg out of the skillet.
- Using a butter knife slip around the edges of the ring to slip the egg out.
- Place on your muffin with whatever toppings you like. Mine this morning has yogurt jalapeño pepper cheese & some venison sausage sticks (Thanks to my old High School friend Bob Mauck). Yum!
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L. Rice