After making this soup many times at home I decided to share it with my Women’s Bible Group one evening. As it turns out, it was very well liked. Since I was asked to share my recipe, here it is!
This is an amazing white and red bean soup with such an amazing savory broth and pasta that it can not help but give you that warm home feeling!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced small (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot diced (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of red kidney beans with liquid
- 1 15-ounce can great northern white beans with liquid
- 1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 12-ounce can V-8 sauce
- NOTE: Instead of the tomato sauce, tomatoes and V-8 I use my own Italian Soup Stock
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of FRESH oregano
- 1 teaspoon FRESH basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of FRESH thyme
- 1/2 pound (1/2 a box) of Ditalini pasta
- Brown your ground turkey in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat.
- Drain off most of the fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for approximately 10 minutes with the meat.
- Put all the items in your crock pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except the pasta.
- Turn your crockpot on low and cook for 6ish hours.
- About 45 min before serving, boil and drain your pasta until a touch less than done.
- Add your pasta to your crockpot and continue to cook on warm for the remainder of the 45 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please let me know if you enjoyed the recipe and if you added your own touches to improve.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L. Rice