This is one of my favorite recipes and it is very low calorie! A friend of mine from Australia gave me the recipe and it has been a frequent for the last few years here in the Rice Household. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
|From: Rice Household
Serves: 8 -9
|Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 35 min
- 1 large spaghetti Squash Boiled and scrapped and drained
- 1 small sweet onion Diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cloves of garlic—diced
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet basil chopped
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Small Curd Cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can of black olives sliced
- 1/2 jar Marinated artichoke hearts
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Shrimp or chicken cubed
(Preheat oven at 350 F)
1:Cut your spaghetti squash in half and then the half in half around the center not long ways. Boil until the strings start coming off. Drain off hot water, cool with cold water. Scrape into a colander to drain off all moisture. Then transfer into an olive oiled sprayed casserole dish.
2:While the squash is cooking saute the onion and garlic until caramelized, then add in the mushrooms. Add in 3/4 of the diced olives and the artichoke hearts. Very last add in the cherry tomatoes and 1/2 of the fresh sweet basil..
3.In a blender, combine the yogurt, cottage cheese, almond milk, Parmesan cheese and the remaining fresh sweet basil. Blend until it is the consistency of cream. (You may or may not need to add a little more almond milk.)
4.Fold in your “cream” mixture into the squash that is in the casserole dish. Make sure it is thoroughly through all of the squash, pulling the strands apart where needed.
5.Fold in your sauteed items into the squash, again dispersing throughout the entire casserole.
6. Place your chicken and or shrimp on the top.
7. Finish off with you remaining olives and cherry tomatoes
8.Bake at 350 F for 35 min.
Until Next Time,
Mrs. Kay L. Rice