On November 17, 2016 at 7pm at Quest Community Church we will be preparing two freezer meals. This is recipe #2.
These are the instructions we will be following in class. Whether you can join us in person or not I hope you enjoy the recipe.
Moroccan Lentil Soup (Vegetarian)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups carrots
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower (can be performed)
- 1 3/4 cups lentils
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce pkg frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 one gallon freezer bag
- 1 quart freezer bag
- On the gallon bag write the name of the recipe & the date prepared.
- Write “on day of cooking add 3 cups vegetable stock”
- On the quart bag write lentils
Day of class
- In your quart bag add your lentils.
- Seal and set aside.
- In your gallon bag add: onions, carrots, garlic, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and pepper.
- Add cauliflower, tomatoes, spinach.
- Add in cilantro & lemon juice.
- Carefully add your lentils bag on top of ingredients in gallon bag
- Carefully remove air and seal.
- I like to double bag my soups.
When you want to cook
- The night before you prepare, place in the refrigerator in the bags to thaw (standing up in a bowl).
- Place your vegetable stock on the counter so you don’t forget
The morning of cooking
- I use a 8 quart oval Crock-Pot.
- Take out your lentils bag and set aside.
- Dump the ingredients in your Crock-Pot.
- Dump in your lentils.
- Add your vegetable stock
- Place your Crock-Pot on LOW and cook for 7-8 hours (5 hrs on High).
- Serve & enjoy!
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice