I have been asked several times for my recipe for my cream cheese pastry strudel. It’s becoming quite popular at our church cafe as well as our gatherings and Bible study groups.
It’s really quite embarrassingly simple. In fact it began as a oh my goodness I forgot to bake for the cafe moment. 🤗
However here is the recipe. Enjoy.
- 1 tube of croissant rolls
- 4 ounces (half a brick) cream cheese
- Fruit or jam
- Sugar approximately a tablespoon
- Approximately a tablespoon of almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay down a sheet of parchment paper the size of the inside of a cookie sheet.
- Open your tube of crescent rolls and unroll your dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until there are no seams.
- Using kitchen scissors cut diagonal strips on both sides long enough to drape across but still leaving a good solid strip in the center.
- Take your half a brick of cream cheese and make sure it’s really soft.
- Mix in a hand full of friut or jam. This time I’m using my own homemade wicked apple pie jam.
- Stir together but not completely.
- Add in about half a tbsp of sugar and fold in.
- Now spread the mix in the center of your dough.
- Add a sprinkle of fruit or dollops of jam on top the mixture.
- Crisscross your strips one side then the other and fold up the ends.
- Move pastry with parchment paper on to your cookie sheet, carefully.
- Using almond milk wash your pastry using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle a bit of suger over the top.
- Put in preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes. Or until golden brown.
- Cool and slice to serve.
I would love to hear your variations!
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice