With the arrival of summer comes VBS (Vacation Bible School). With VBS comes lots of energetic wee ones that love snacks. The best kind are always homemade with lots of love. on June 22, 2017 the Quest Meal Prep class made cookies for our VBS. What better treat then the yumminess of old-fashioned no-bake haystacks.
Here is a very simple recipe to share with your family, friends and anyone else!
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 lb of BUTTER not margarine. That’s 1 stick of butter. softened.
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of Milk (or Almond Milk)
- 1/2 cup of Peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 3 cup of quick cook oats
- In a large mixing bowl place your softened butter.
- Add in your sugar and whip until blended. (a great arm work out!)
- Add in your cocoa and blend in. You want to make sure everything is blended well and there are no “butter chunks”.
- Add in your Milk and blend in evenly.
- Add in your Peanut butter and blend in evenly.
- Add in your vanilla and your pinch of salt, blend in evenly.
- Add in your oats 1 cup at a time, stirring in evenly until all three cups are added.
- Make into round balls by hand or by using a cookie scoop and place on parchment paper and a tray and refrigerate covering with plastic wrap of course.
- Serve & watch the explosion of smiles.
Enjoy and always let me know how you liked the recipe and your variations.
Until Next Time,
Mrs. Kay L. Rice