The month of July has been a very busy month. Our class unfortunately was cancelled due to everyones schedules. But I wanted to make sure these very simple and yummy recipes got in your hands.
The same ingredients can be used for both the chicken or the eggplant parmesan. Substitute one for the other.
- 2-4 frozen lg boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 medium eggplant sliced thick.
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (OR 2 cups of rice krispies)
- 1 gallon bag
- 1 quart bags
- Write the name of your recipe on the gallon bag as well as cook 8 hrs low.
- On the small bag write ‘Toppings’.
- Put your bread crumbs or crushed rice crispies in the small bag, add your Parmesan cheese and squish it through. If you want mozzarella cheese add it in this bag as well.
- Seal pushing out all air and set aside.
- Put your frozen chicken 🐔 or sliced eggplant in the big bag.
- I also will sprinkle fruit fresh or a little lemon juice on the eggplant to prevent Browning.
- Now add in your basil, garlic, pepper, olive oil and tomatoes over your chicken.
- Carefully add your topping bag on top.
- Seal pushing out the air.
- Put in the freezer.
Day before cooking, that in the refrigerator.
Day of cooking.
- Carefully remove topping bag, set aside.
- Dump contents of the large bag into your Crock-Pot. I use my casserole Crock-Pot for this recipe.
- Evenly spread everything out.
- Sprinkle the contents of the topping bag over top.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hrs.
- NOTE: You can also wait to put your toppings on about an hour before serving.
- Serve over pasta if you like.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice