Well by now you know we really enjoy meals with a kick. This is a wonderful summer chowder made from fresh sweet corn 🌽.
- 3 cups of sweet corn (kernals)
- 3 potatoes diced
- Half a sweet onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 2 small dried chipotle peppers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Masa
- 1 roasted chili diced (optional)
- Melt your butter in a deep pan.
- Add in all of your vegetables in the pan to “fry”.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Masa.
- While those are cooking, put your Chipotle Peppers and broth in a large Crock-Pot, turn on low.
- When your corn mix is looking like it’s starting to fry scoop out 2 cups of the mix and put it in your Crock-Pot.
- Using a hand blender, puree the items in the Crock-Pot.
- Add in your remaining Masa, milk & water and continue to puree.
- Fold in your yogurt in the Crock-Pot mixture.
- Add the the remaining fried corn, potatoes, onion mix from the pan into the Crock-Pot.
- Stir in with about a teaspoon of salt for flavor.
- Cook on low until nicely thick.
- Add more Masa if you need to thicken it up.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice