Every now and then, dinner time sneaks up on you out of nowhere and you have nothing prepared. One Skillet Meals ate great for times like these.
This recipe is great for no time preparation.
One Skillet “Fried” Chili
- 1/2 pound of chorizo sausage
- 1 cup of rice (dry)
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1 quarter small onion diced
- 1 8 ounce jar/can of diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 1 can of whole corn rinsed
- Shredded cheese
- In a large deep skillet brown and separate your sausage. Do not drain off the drippings.
- Add your onion brown a tad.
- Add in your dry rice.
- Stir while adding your water.
- Put a lid on your skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, the black beans and the corn.
- Stir in.
- Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the liquid is not visible and your rice is soft.
- Dish up and serve with a sprinkling of grated cheese.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice