Meal-Prepping and filling your pantry doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Utilizing dehydrated veggies and herbs works great to have a quick grab and prepared home cooked meal. These also have a great shelf life to have on hand during emergency and disaster situations.
Today I am sharing a fun kid friendly recipe. Alphabet Soup. And it tastes so much better than store bought condensed.
First to prepare your jars.
- 1 half pint canning jar with a tight lid.
- 1 cup alphabet pasta
- 2 tablespoons dried vegetable flakes
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granuals or powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Directions for jars.
- Make sure your jar and lids are clean and dry!
- Layer 1/2 cup of pasta, then 1 tablespoon of dehydrated veggies, then the boullion and Pepper.
- Layer the second tablespoon of veggies then the second half cup of pasta.
- The layering just makes it “pretty”.
- Tightly screw on your lid and label.
- Alphabet Soup Mix
- Add 4 cups water + 1/2 cup of tomato pasta sauce.
When you are ready to use.
- Place water, pasta sauce and contents of jar in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered, or until pasta and veggies are tender.
Place in a cool place to store that isn’t prone to high humidity, your pantry.
Until next time!
Kay L Rice