A simple recipe that kids and adults will love.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 4 ounces diced roasted pablano peppers or green chilies
- 2 tablespoons of steak sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Hand full grated pepper jack cheese
- Hand full grated chedder cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray deep dish pie dish with no stick spray
- In a skillet, brown onions and garlic with hamburger.
- Add to meat mix the steak sauce, salt, pepper and roasted peppers.
- Drain off grease.
- Put meat mix in deep dish pie dish.
- Put cheeses on the browned meat, keep a little cheese to the side.
- In a small bowl, whip the milk and eggs until well mixed.
- Add in biscuit mix and fold until no lumps.
- Pour on top of the meat and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull out and sprinkle remaining grated cheese on crust.
- Finish baking for 5 minutes.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice