I nearly always have sour dough starter fermenting in our kitchen. It adds up quickly. A great way to use the starter without baking bread is to make biscuits.
- 1/3 cup of real butter softened
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour dough starter
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. This helps prevent burning on the bottom.
- Mix all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Sprinkle some flour on your board.
- Roll slightly with a rolling pin. You don’t want thin biscuits.
- Cut circles with a round cookie or biscuit cutter. I prefer to use a canning ring.
- Place on parchment papered pan.
- Bake for 15 min
- Serve hot or cooled.
Makes 4 large or 7 small biscuits.
Enjoy and until next time,
Mrs. Kay Lynn Rice