I promised several dear friends my recipe for my Breakfast Egg Bites. These are a great go to for busy mornings and a great way to budget and eat healthy. I normally make a batch of 12 for the following week. These also freeze very well.
You can change up the ingredients for your preference and what you have readily available.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 smallish potatoes diced or shredded
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup of diced peppers of choice
- 1 jar (4 ounces) jalapeno diced tomatoes
- A hand full of mushrooms
- Meat of your choice. I like chorizo.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your muffin pan with Bakers Secret, or coat with grease and flour like you would for a cake.
- In a skillet add some oil of your choice and fry up your meat. Once done set aside in a bowl.
- Add your potatoes and veggies and fry up as you would hashbrowns.
- In a large bowl whip up your eggs.
- Once the meat is cool, add in your meat to the eggs.
- Once the veggies are done and cooled down add the veggies to the eggs.
- Fold everything together.
- Now add the egg mixture to your muffin pan spots. Not quite filling them to the top.
- Place in oven to cook for approximately 15 to 20 min. You want them completely done but not over cooked. I check mine with a toothpick test. You want a clean toothpick.
- I let cool for 20 or so minutes then remove them from the pan. They shouldn’t need much help to come out if the pan.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay Lynn Rice