If you love cabbage rolls, but just don’t have the time to do all the assembling required, this soup is perfect!
- 1 large onion diced
- 3-5 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef (we use venison)
- 1 medium cabbage sliced in thickistrips and squares
- 1 quart diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 pint vegetable broth (or 2 cups V8)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- In a large skillet, Brown onion and garlic in a tablespoon of lard.
- Add in beef and pork brown.
- Drain off grease.
- Place above ingredients into a large crockpot.
- In the skillet wilt the chopped cabbage until softened about 3 min.
- Put in crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the crockpot EXCEPT the rice.
- Stir and place on high for 2-4 hrs.
- About 45 min before serving add in your cooked rice stir, put on warm.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay Lynn Rice