- 3 Cups Sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of purified butter ( liquid)
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large carrot shredded (I use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons)
- 2 cups of zucchini shredded (press out liquid)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease & flour bread loaf pan (large) & set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold together until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, purified butter,vanilla, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and shredded carrots.
- Once well mixed. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into the greased & floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. **NOTE: I start checking at 45 minutes. Moisture in zucchini can change the baking time.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before releasing from the pan.
- Once done, sprinkle top with sugar & cinnamon.
Enjoy warm or cooled.
Until next time, Mrs. Kay Rice