My husband comes up with the ideas, I make them a reality. This one turned out exceptionally well. Enjoy this newly created recipe from our homestead.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup real non salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum flavoring
- 1/4 cups sweet carrots shredded
- 1 1/2 tbsp Bravado Spice Co brand Blueberry Ghost Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Farenheit. Grease & Flour large loaf pan or 9×13 cake pan.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl. (Not the sugars)
- In a separate bowl whip together the wet ingredients.
- Add in the sugars the to the wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add in your carrots and crushed pineapple. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle sugar down the middle of batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 min at 350 degrees F.
- Check the loaf with placing a toothpick into the loaf. No batter should come back on the toothpick.
- If not done, bake an add’l 5 minutes then repeat the toothpick test. Repeat until toothpick comes back clean (not wet).
- Remove from oven
- Allow to cool on a wire rack in the pan for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the bread from the pan and allow to cool, bottom up, allowing any additional “moisture” to dry.
- Turn over, slice & enjoy.
Enjoy & until next time,
Mrs. Kay Lynn Rice