Because made from scratch is so much better than the stuff in a can!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Green Chili diced (Pablano, Big Jim, Hatch…. )
- 1 Onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 1 can (drained) Diced Tomatoes with Jalapenos
- 1 pint Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcheshire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1.5 lbs of Ground Meat
- In a large (deep) skillet heat your oil and brown your green chili, onion and garlic over medium heat.
- Add in your ground beef and brown thoroughly.
- Drain off all grease from the meat and onion mixture.
- Sprinkle the jalapeno powder, brown sugar, smoked paprika and apple cider vinegar over the meat.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add your Worcheshire sauce, diced tomatoes with jalapenos and tomato sauce.
- Mix well.
- Drain off any extra grease that populates the mixture as you cook.
- Add in the tomato paste and mix well into your mixture.
- Continue to stir at a medium low heat until the mixture is thick.
- Serve on Hamburger Buns or rolls or bread of your choice.
Until Next Time,
Mrs. Kay L. Rice