Every now and then its nice to have a meal that doesn’t take up much in the way of dishes, prep or clean up.
This is one of our favorite quick meals. While the recipe is best if you use ground lamb, the meat can be exchanged for any type protein that you wish.
Greek Inspired One Skillet Supper
- 1 lb ground lamb (or your protein of choice)
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp of Greek style Seasoning (a mix dried of oregano, rosemary, basil, lavender, parsley, thyme)
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 cup of bone broth (for lamb, I use beef)
- 1 pint of diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers (if you don’t like a kick, use roasted diced tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 cup (dry measure) of rigatoni
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped spinach
- 1 cup of halved black olives
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- Start your pasta to boil. Cook the pasta until it is firm but done.
- When your pasta is done, drain, rinse and set to the side.
- In a large (deep) skillet, add your olive oil and saute your onion and garlic until the onion is limp over a medium heat.
- Add in your ground lamb & seasonings. Break up the lamb with a wooden spoon or cooking spatula, making sure the seasonings are well mixed into the ground meat.
- Brown the meat thoroughly on a medium heat.
- Add in your spinach and cook until the spinach is limp. You can use frozen as well, cook until well mixed with meat.
- Add in the tomatoes, olives and broth.
- Continue to cook on a low heat until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add in your pasta
- Cover and continue to cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in half of the feta cheese.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with some of the remaining feta.
Until Next Time,
Mrs. Kay L. Rice