Every now and then, dinner time sneaks up on you out of nowhere and you have nothing prepared. One Skillet Meals are great for times like these.
This recipe is great for no time preparation.
One Dish Skillet Chili
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 cup of rice (dry)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 8 ounce jar/can of diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 1 can of whole corn rinsed
- 5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce sliced
- 1 cup mixed sweet & pablano peppers diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- Saute your onions, garlic & peppers in a large deep skillet.
- Add, brown & separate your ground beef. Do not drain off the drippings.
- Add your chipotle peppers & adobo sauce.
- Add in your dry rice.
- Stir while adding your water & broth.
- Put a lid on your skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, the black beans and the corn.
- Stir in.
- Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the liquid is not visible and your rice is soft.
- Dish up and serve.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice