There are certain times of year that I crave a special hot drink my Momma would make for me. Those times are; Autumn, Winter and when I have a head cold.
With November being here, that memory and desire came back. Now, I have no idea why this is called Russian Tea. There is no Vodka in it, not any alcohol at all, but it sure can warm you up head to toe and completely inside! It also feels great on a sore throat and stuffy head and nose.
This is my Momma Kathy’s recipe.
- 3 cups sugar (I use half sugar and half stevia)
- 3/4 cup of Instant Nestea no sugar no lemon
- 18 ounces Tang Powdered Orange Drink (You know, the breakfast drink that went to the moon…. I just aged myself, I know.)
- 8 ounces powdered lemonade. (1 lg package of Wylers lemonade)
- 1 tsp of ground cloves
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix all the ingredients together. (Be careful, it will make you sneeze)
- Put mix in Mason Jars or glass storage containers that can be sealed tightly. It will fill a quart jar and about a pint jar.
- Put caps on tightly.
- Store in a dry place.
- Heat water until boiling.
- Put 3 tablespoons of mix in your favorite 12 ounce coffee mug.
- Add hot water and stir.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay L Rice