Instead of using the left over Turkey from a holiday dinner on Turkey Noodles, spice things up with this hearty spicy Turkey Chili.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tbsp diced garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp jalapeno powder
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 2 red jalapeno peppers diced without seeds
- 1.5 cups turkey broth (I use the turkey aspic broth from roasting the Turkey)
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 cans white cannellini beans
- 3 cups shredded cooked Turkey
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- In a large soup pot, add oil and cook the diced onion and garlic until the onion becomes limp.
- Add oregano, cumin, ginger and stir together.
- Add turkey broth, chilies, tomatoes with peppers, the red jalapeno peppers & jalapeno pepper powder
- Bring to a boil for approximately 5 to 8 min while stirring.
- Add 2 cans of beans with juice.
- Add shredded turkey & water.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Mash the last can of beans with liquids until a lumpy mashed consistency and add to the chili.
- Continue to stir and lower to a medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix your corn flour and evaporated milk. Make absolutely sure there are no lumps
- Lower the heat on the chili to the lowest heat setting. Stir until there is no boiling activity.
- Add in corn flour evaporated milk mixture and stir, make sure there are no lumps.
- Turn off heat and stir until well mixed
- Serve & enjoy.
Until next time,
Mrs. Kay Rice